With the World Health Organization reporting 95,333 confirmed cases of the Corona Virus (COVID-19) globally, it's definitely an issue that is on the minds of travelers worldwide. Many travelers are questioning whether or not it safe for them and their families to travel. We, at Sea Vybz Travel LLC are neither physicians nor health officials but we’ve gathered information and resources from reputable health authorities to help address any concerns you may have.
Since COVID-19 is highly contagious and there is currently no effective treatments it definitely that should be taking seriously. It is also important to note that the majority of people who contract the virus recover. In fact, The people who are at greatest risk are seniors and people with existing health conditions. Still, this global health crisis should be taken seriously.
How COVID-19 Spreads
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) , COVID-19 has been linked to live animal markets in Wuhan City China. The virus has since been spreading from person to person contact. Although the virus appears to be highly contagious, there preventative measures you can take to safeguard you and your family from contracting COVID-19.
COVID-19 Prevention Tips
The CDC suggests the following to safeguard you and your family from contracting COVID-19:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a health care facility).
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
These are everyday habits that can help prevent the spread of several viruses including COVID-19.
Should you travel?
Due to the ongoing global outbreak of the Corona Virus, it's no wonder that many are hesitant about traveling during this time. It is important that prospective travelers make decisions based on facts from reputable health and government agencies. First and foremost, all travelers should avoid travel to COVID-19 hot spots. According to the CDC and WHO, these hot spots include China, Iran, Italy, Japan, and South Korea.
While there is little risk travelling to areas other than the one previously listed, we at Sea Vybz Travel LLC, wholeheartedly support whatever decision you choose. We will do our best to provide you with updated insurance information, cancellation, and supplier policies related to COVID-19.
For more information on COVID-19, be sure to click on the following links: